SEMISTER 1 SEMISTER 2
CODE COURSE CODE COURSE
IE 100 Probability and Statistics in Engineering 1 IE 200 Probability and Statistics in Engineering 2
IE 110 Computing in Industrial Engineering IE 210 Manufacturing processes 1
IE 120 Operations research - Optimization IE 215 Integrated Production Systems 1
IE 150 Operations research – Stochastic Models IE 315 Work analysis and Design 1
IE 115 Engineering Economics IE 350 Industrial Control systems
- IE 100: Probability and Statistics in Engineering 1 : An introduction to probability and statistics. Probability and probability distributions. Mathematical expectation. Functions of random variables. Estimation. Applications oriented to engineering problems
- IE 110: Computing in Industrial Engineering : Introduction to computing in industrial engineering. Reinforcement of scientific programming skills on typical IE tasks, together with introduction to simulation and related computer tools.
- IE 120: Operations research – Optimization: Introduction to deterministic optimization modeling and algorithms in operations research. Emphasis on formulation and solution of linear programs, networks flows, and integer programs. .
- IE 150 : Operations research – Stochastic Models: Introduction to probabilistic models in operations research. Emphasis on Markov chains, Poisson processes, and their application to queuing systems.
- IE 115: Engineering Economics : Cost measurement and control in engineering studies. Basic accounting concepts, income measurement, and valuation problems. Manufacturing cost control and standard cost systems. Capital investment, engineering alternatives, and equipment replacement studies..
- IE 200: Probability and Statistics in Engineering 2: Introduction to statistical inference and experimental design. Correlation, regression, single and multi-factor ANOVA, non-parametric methods. Applications to statistical quality control.
- IE 210: Manufacturing Processes 1 : Principal manufacturing processes; metal cutting, grinding and metal forming operations, machine tools, and tools and tooling. Nontraditional machining and welding. Introduction to computer-aided manufacturing and computer-aided graphics and design, N/C programming, robots, and flexible manufacturing systems.
- IE 215: Integrated production systems 1 : Basic concepts in the design and operational control of integrated production systems. Includes topics on facility layout and material handling, material flow and information flow, resource and capacity planning, and shop floor control and scheduling
- IE 315:Work Analysis and design 1 : Fundamentals of work methods and measurement. Applications of engineering, psychological, and physiological principles to the analysis and design of human work systems..
- IE 350:Industrial control systems : Introduction to automatic controls with reference to automation of industrial machines and processes, including linear dynamic systems, feedback control, and elements of systems analysis.
|SEMISTER 3||SEMISTER 4|
|IE 400||Manufacturing Processes 2||IE 451||Industrial applications of statistics|
|IE 411||Introduction to system simulation||IE 460||Linear Programming|
|IE 415||Integrated production systems 2||IE 470||Discrete optimization models and Algorithms|
|IE 420||Work analysis and design 2||IE 480||Engineering Economic Analysis|
|IE 450||Quality control||IE 490||Economic Decisions in Engineering|
- IE 400: Manufacturing processes 2 The interrelations of materials, processes, and design with various aspects of manufacturing
- IE 411: Introduction to system simulation: he course presents a general introduction to simulation concept and methodology. It covers simulation modeling in specialized simulation environments. Practical application of simulation to diverse systems will be discussed. Proper design and analysis of the simulation experiment is emphasized.
- IE 415 : Integrated production systems 2 : Extensions of topics on the design and operational control of integrated production systems. Includes production databases, facility layout, material handling, advanced control and scheduling, and physical distribution.
- IE 420 : Work analysis and design 2 : Applications of engineering, computer sciences, information sciences, and psychological principles and methods to the analysis and design of human work systems.
- IE 450: Quality control : Principles and practices of statistical quality control in industry. Control charts for measurements and for attributes. Acceptance sampling by attributes and by measurements. Standard sampling plans. Sequential analysis. Sampling inspection of continuous production.
- IE 451: Industrial applications of statistics : The application of statistics to the effective design and analysis of industrial studies relating to manufacturing and human factors engineering in order to optimize the utilization of equipment and resources. Emphasis on conducting these studies at the least cost.
- IE 460: Linear Programming: Optimization of linear objective functions subject to linear constraints. Development of theory and algorithmic strategies for solving linear programming problems.
- IE 470: Discrete optimization models and Algorithms : An introduction to classic models and algorithms for discrete optimization. Basic theory and computational strategies for exact and heuristic solution of integer, combinational, and network problems in the context of classic models.
- IE 480: Engineering Economic Analysis: Analysis of engineering costs and capital investments. Applications of classical optimization, mathematical programming, and the theory of production to the analysis of investment proposals. Evaluation and selection of individual projects and formulation of capital investment programs
- IE 490: Economic Decisions in Engineering: Topics in decision making and rationality including decision analysis, decision making under uncertainty, and various descriptive and prescriptive models from operations research, economics, psychology, and business. Applications are drawn from engineering decision making, public policy, and personal decision making. Attention also is paid to designing aids to improve decision making.
SEMISTER 5 SEMISTER 6
CODE COURSE CODE COURSE
IE 505 Safety Engineering IE 530 Design and Evaluation of material handling systems
IE 510 Cognitive Engineering of Interactive software IE 541 Advanced Facilities Design
IE 515 Production management control IE 550 Nonlinear Optimization Algorithms and models
IE 520 Manufacturing process Engineering IE 556 System simulation
IE 525 Human Factors in Engineering IE 580 Simulation design and analysis
- IE 505: Safety Engineering : Application of human factors and engineering practice in accident prevention and the reduction of health hazards are presented. The objective of this course is to provide an understanding of the safety and health practices which fall within the responsibilities of the engineer in industry. Special attention is devoted to the detection and correction of hazards and to contemporary laws and enforcement on occupational safety and health.
- IE 510:Cognitive Engineering of Interactive Software: Theory and applications of software design to improve productivity and job satisfaction on information processing and cognitive tasks in the work place. Human information processing models and cognitive theories will be used to provide a theoretical basis for how to choose and display information to the user. Other topics include user-friendly displays and empirical approaches to software design.
- IE 515 :Production management control : Background and development of production management, plus current concepts and controls applicable to production management functions.
- IE 520: Manufacturing process Engineering: Theories and applications of materials forming and removal processes in manufacturing, including product properties, process capabilities, processing equipment design, and economics. A systems approach to all aspects of manufacturing process engineering
- IE 525: Human Factors in Engineering : Survey of human factors in engineering with particular reference to human functions in human-machine systems, and consideration of human abilities and limitations in relation to design of equipment and work environments.
- IE 530: Design and Evaluation of material handling systems : Analysis for design and evaluation of material handling systems with emphasis on material flow control and storage. Analytic models and simulation used. Economic justification models for material handling systems.
- IE 541 : Advanced Facilities design: Study of the theoretical and applied aspects of manufacturing systems layout. Emphasis on contemporary manufacturing, including the layout of cellular systems, automated material handling systems, and storage systems
- IE550 : Nonlinear Optimization Algorithms and Models : Survey of computational tools for solving constrained and unconstrained nonlinear optimization problems. Emphasis on algorithmic strategies and characteristic structures of nonlinear problems.
- IE 556: System simulation: Philosophy and elements of digital simulation language. Practical application of simulation to diverse systems
- IE 580 : Simulation design and Analysis : An introduction to simulation of stochastic systems on digital computers. Emphasis is on the fundamentals of simulation as a statistical experiment. Topics include uniform random numbers, input modeling, random variate generation, output analysis, variance reduction, and optimization.